The Department of Information Systems and Management Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology sincerely welcomes all outstanding master graduates to come to our department for further study. According to school regulations, our school’s doctoral enrollment system fully implements the "application-assessment" system. The relevant regulations and arrangements for the "application-assessment" for doctoral enrollment in 2021 are hereby notified as follows:
1. Citizens of the People's Republic of China.
2. Support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, have the correct political orientation, love the motherland, be willing to serve the socialist modernization drive, abide by laws and regulations, and have good conduct.
3. Those who have graduated with a master's degree or have obtained a master's degree; freshly graduated with a master's degree (must graduate or obtain a master's degree at the latest before admission). Those studying abroad must obtain a master's degree certificate and provide academic certification from the Overseas Education Service Center of the Ministry of Education.
4. There are at least two written recommendations by experts with the title of associate professor and above (or equivalent professional technical title) in the subject and professional field of the application.
5. The physical health status meets the required physical examination standards.
6. In principle, the applicant's GPA shall not be lower than 3.0 during the undergraduate and master degree.
SUSTech independently cultivates doctoral students and only enrolls full-time doctoral students, who must study full-time.
Admissions Majors and School System
The enrollment subject for doctoral students in 2021 is (0701Z1) Business Intelligence and Big Data Management. Please refer to the website https://gs.sustech.edu.cn/boshi2021/1880 for enrollment tutors and research directions (continuous update before the official registration begins). The basic academic system for doctoral students admitted by the "application-assessment" method is 4 years.
1. Registration and materials submission
Applicants need to register online from November 23rd to December 9th. Registration URL: https://yz.chsi.com.cn/ (If you don’t have an account of China Research and Recruitment Network, please register and log in). Please be careful before registering Check whether I meet the application requirements, fill in the registration information and upload the required registration materials as required. After the registration, applicants should carefully prepare the following materials:
(1) "Application Form for Doctoral Candidates of Southern University of Science and Technology in 2021" (Annex 1, please refer to the explanation in Annex 2 when filling in).
(2) One copy of "Summary of Online Application Information for Ph.D. Postgraduates" (printed after successful online registration, and stamped with the official seal of the unit or school where the file is located, and no official seal is required for recent master's degree graduates).
(3) Two recommendation letters (Annex 3) from associate professors and above (or equivalent professional and technical titles) experts in the relevant fields of the subject. The applicant supervisor does not write recommendation letters. If the applicant’s doctoral supervisor and the supervisor during the master's degree study are different teachers, one of the recommendation letters shall in principle be written by the applicant's supervisor during the master's degree study.
(4) A personal statement (unlimited format), which contains a brief experience of my study, work and academic research, motivation and goals for pursuing a doctoral degree, academic or professional background and interests, career goals and plans, etc.
(5) The scientific research plan to be carried out during the PhD study period (the format is not limited).
(6) A copy of the academic transcripts of the undergraduate and master's level courses (should be stamped by the teaching unit or file preservation unit), foreign language level certificates or transcripts.
(7) Master's thesis (previous students) or master's thesis opening report (new students).
(8) Copies of published academic papers, journal covers and catalog copies, copies of unpublished papers and copies of acceptance certificates. If the paper is included in EI or SCI, a copy of the proof of the article retrieval is required; if the journal where the paper is published is EI or SCI, but the paper has not been retrieved, a copy of the proof of the journal is EI or SCI.
(9) Other relevant materials that can reflect one's academic level and ability.
(10) Copies of graduation certificates and degree certificates (student IDs) for undergraduates and masters, and certification reports for academic qualifications (student status) for undergraduates and masters (see Annex 4 for the certification method).
The above materials should be added to the catalog by the applicant, and be bound in the above order (graduation thesis specifications) and submitted as a book or express to the Office of Information Management Department of Taizhou Building 501-1-3, SUSTech (please indicate "Doctoral Application Materials" for express documents. Pages, materials that are mailed or submitted using clips or simply stapled, etc. will not be accepted). Applicants are also requested to send the electronic version of all application materials in a pdf format to the admissions mailbox of the Department of Information Management (ISMEemail@example.com). The subject of the email and the file name of the attachment should be marked as "name + application to SUSTech Doctor of Letter Management". Applicants must ensure that the information filled in and submitted materials are true and accurate. Applicants who fill in false information or provide false materials will be disqualified at any time once discovered, and will no longer be allowed to apply for doctoral students in our school in the future.
2. Material review
Candidates’ application materials will be subject to formal review by the college or department where the candidates applied for. After the formal review is correct, experts from the college or department will conduct a preliminary review of the application materials and recommend outstanding students to the next stage of assessment. The main basis for the preliminary evaluation of faculties is as follows:
(1) Candidates’ undergraduate and master’s study experience and achievements;
(2) Candidates' work experience in the subject area, scientific research achievements and high-level academic articles published;
(3) The professional knowledge, scientific research ability, comprehensive quality and training potential of candidates who continue to study for doctoral degree;
(4) Other factors related to candidates studying for doctoral degree.
3. Foreign language proficiency assessment
Applicants who have passed the preliminary review of qualifications will be assessed for foreign language proficiency. The assessment of foreign language proficiency is organized by the application department. It mainly assesses the ability of candidates to read and translate foreign language documents. The full score of foreign language proficiency assessment is 100 points and 60 points are qualified. Those who fail to pass are not admitted. The level assessment time is no less than 10 minutes. Those who meet one of the following conditions can be exempt from foreign language proficiency assessment.
(1) A score of 450 or above in the National College Foreign Language Test Band 6;
(2) A TOEFL score of 80 or above (IBT);
(3) IELTS score of 6.0 or above;
(4) GRE score of 300 points and above (new);
(5) GMAT score of 650 points and above;
(6) Pass the WSK (PETS-5) examination;
(7) Passed the TEM-8 in the National College Foreign Language Examination;
(8) Obtain a foreign language professional degree certificate or graduation certificate at the undergraduate or master level;
(9) For those who have more than 1 year (including 1 year) of full-time study experience in a foreign country (the main daily language and teaching language in the local area is English), this part of the personnel needs to provide proof of foreign study experience and transcripts.
(10) Published English journal articles as the first author.
4. Comprehensive assessment
The comprehensive assessment is organized by each department. Comprehensive assessment can be conducted by means of written examinations, experiments, interviews, and writing scientific research reports. The specific assessment content, scores and methods are determined by each department. The assessment results are based on the 100-point system, 60 points are passed, and those who fail the comprehensive assessment will not be admitted. After the comprehensive assessment, each department shall determine the assessment results according to the requirements of the school and the assessment plan of the unit and submit them to the Graduate School.
The school determines the list of candidates to be admitted based on the tutor’s evaluation recommendations, the conclusion of the preliminary review of the materials, the results of the foreign language proficiency assessment and the results of the comprehensive assessment, etc., combined with the enrollment of the departments and the tutors. Applicants to be admitted will start in the fall of 2021.
Tuition fees and scholarships
The school provides competitive scholarships for graduate students. According to the spirit of the relevant documents of the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education, graduate students must pay tuition fees as required. Our school's 2021 postgraduate fees and scholarship management methods are implemented in accordance with the school's relevant regulations.
1. The "application-assessment" system must adhere to the principles of openness, fairness, and justice throughout the recruitment of doctoral students under the "application-assessment" system, and strictly ensure that the procedures are transparent, the operation is standardized, and the results are open.
2. The application materials submitted by the applicant will no longer be returned.
3. Each faculty shall formulate its work plan on the basis of the school's regulations, including: members of the doctoral student admissions working group, members of the supervision team, comprehensive assessment plan and comprehensive assessment ranking rules, etc., and report to the research and recruitment office for record.
4. The implementation of the "application-assessment" system for doctoral admissions further expands the autonomy of admissions of doctoral supervisors. The supervisors should make full use of this method and actively organize the source of outstanding doctoral students.
|November 23-December 9||Applicants apply online;|
Applicants submit or express application materials
|Before December 18||The department will conduct formal review and preliminary verification of materials, and announce the review results|
|December 18th - December 27th||Each department organized foreign language proficiency assessment and comprehensive assessment|
|January 2021||Organize admission and announce the results of the proposed admission|
1. Research Admissions Office of Southern University of Science and Technology
2. Department of Information Systems and Management Engineering
Tel: 8801-2805 Teacher Li
Department of Information Systems and Management Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
November 19, 2020